Through a partnership with Francis Marion University, we held an Entrepreneurial Forum yesterday for students involved with the Florence Career Center. It was an incredible success. The students were enthusiastic and engaged. The forum included lectures from varies members of FMU’s business school, an “invention convention”, tips on money management and break out sessions. I just thought I would share some of the take away concepts their teacher overheard:
– You can always start your own business.
– You only get one chance to make a first impression – perfect your the elevator pitch.
– Practice professionalism.
– Budget, save and keep good credit.
– Often, a first business will fail. Pick yourself up and start over again!
– First impressions are important and should include firm handshakes and eye contact.
– Product presentation is as important as the product.
Many business struggle with these concepts our high school students are implementing. It sure does make us proud!